This contest is now closed.
UWI students- Mario’s is hosting a Pizza Eating competition just for you! On September 4th your colleagues will vie for the title of UWI Pizza Eating Champion!
Register below for your chance to win up to 1 year’s supply of your favourite pizza!
- 1st Place: 1 year’s supply of pizza (12 family vouchers)
- 2nd Place: 6 month’s supply of pizza (6 family specialty vouchers)
- 3rd Place: 3 month’s supply of Pizza (3 family specialty vouchers)
- 4th Place: consolation family voucher
How it works
16 participants will be chosen- 11 randomly selected and 5 from UWI Student Guild’s Facebook Selfie competition
- Who can eat the most slices in 5 minutes?
- Pizza used – Medium Cheese
- 16 entrants
- 4 rounds with 4 participants each
- 1st place in each round advance to finals
- THE RESULTS OF EACH ROUND IS INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER
- 4 contestants competing to see who can eat the most slices in 5 minutes
- Pizza used – Medium cheese
- 1 round with 4 participants
- In the event of a tie the 2 people will do the same but with a Small Cheese pizza.
- Contestant MUST swallow an entire slice before moving on to another.
- You must be between the ages of 16 and 40. You must sign a waiver prior to participation.
- Competition begins promptly at 3pm.
- Contestants must present themselves in person at least one hour prior to the competition start time in order to sign in. Latecomers or absentees will lose their spot and will not be able to compete.
- 16 Individual Contestants will compete in rounds of 4 persons each.
- The top 4 Individual Contestants who have eaten the most pizza slices in 5 minutes within their round will move forward to the Grand Finale.
- In the event of a tie, the crowd can decide the winner as the participants will have 1 minute to appeal to the crowd.
- In each round, individual contestants must eat as many slices of pizza as possible within 5 minutes.
- Only whole slices of pizza will be counted, crust included! Partially eaten pizzas will not be counted.
- Contestants are not allowed to stack their slices or to immerse/douse their slices in water.
- The contestants may drink beverages during the competition. Water will be provided.
- Contestants must keep the food down for 2 minutes after the contest ends to be eligible to win.
- Contestants agree that the judges’ decision is final.
- Contestants agree to their name and likeness appearing in the media.